By becoming a member of OCB (Organization of Competitive
Bodybuilders, AKA Organization of Competition Bodies and OCB
Productions), I agree to the following terms of membership and
conditions of competition in OCB sanctioned events:
1. Drug Testing. OCB competitors are required to be free of the performance-enhancing substances that are listed at http://ocbonline.com/banned-list.php, and will be banned from OCB competitions for the period of time indicated on that webpage in the event of a positive substance screening result for any of the listed substances. OCB and/or contest promoters may use, in their discretion, a variety of drug screening methods to determine a potential competitor’s drug-free status, such as polygraph and urine testing. Competitors who fail drug screening, either before an event (e.g., by failing a polygraph test) or after an event (e.g., by failing a urine test), will be disqualified. OCB reserves the right to note the disqualification in its official results of the event at which disqualification occurred. Disqualification is automatic if a test for any banned substance is positive, regardless of the cause of the positive result.
2. Compliance with Participation Decisions. Pending or following the results of any form of testing used to detect my use of banned substances, I agree to abide by the decision of OCB and/or contest promoters concerning my participation in an OCB-sanctioned competition. I acknowledge that OCB and/or each competition’s promoters have the right to choose the administrator or laboratory that conducts the substance screenings. Understanding that false-positive results occasionally occur, I nevertheless agree to accept the results of said testing, whatever they may be.
3. Waiver of Liability. I hereby waive and release any claims or demands against OCB, its representatives, sponsors, and promoters that may arise out of my participation in an OCB-sanctioned event or my membership in the OCB, other than claims or demands arising out of willful misconduct. I hereby intend to legally bind myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, and waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against the facility owners, OCB and its directors, officers, and members, OCB-affiliated federations, each event’s promoters, and any sponsors, agents, or representatives, for any injuries suffered by me as a result of my participation in and/or losses suffered by me as a result of my participation and/or attendance at any OCB-sanctioned competition.
4. Notice. I consent to the use of email (using the address I provide OCB) as the means of receiving and sending legal documents and notices from OCB. My consent given through electronic means, such as by checking a box on OCB’s website to indicate agreement or by replying to an OCB email, shall have the same force and effect as though I had signed a paper document and physically sent it to OCB.
5. Duration of Membership. I acknowledge that membership in OCB lasts one year from the date each member joins OCB, and may be renewed in OCB’s sole discretion upon the payment of each year’s annual dues.
6. I hereby grant OCB event promoters, OCB, any OCB-approved magazine, website, video or entertainment organization and all of their agent’s successors, licensees and assignees, the right to photograph or otherwise reproduce my voice, appearance and name and exhibit, distribute, and/or transmit any and all media, including without limitation, by means of still photography, motion pictures, radio, television, printing, Internet/websites, or any other medium now known or hereafter devised, including audio with respect to any merchandising, advertising, and/or publicity and the right to use my name and information about me in connection with any of the foregoing. No further compensation shall be obligated to me at any time in connection therewith. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate, OCB and/or any OCB-approved magazine, video, website, or any approved video entertainment organization to photograph or otherwise reproduce my voice, appearance or name, or to make use of any of the rights granted herein.